Wednesday, June 25, 2014

St. Lorenzo di Sebato wed 25 June

Woke in light rain not feeling 100% surrounded by loud bikers cooking sausage. Great that Italy and Germany won their games. Took to the path back to check out the befrescoed church in Brixen.

Met two very efficient German cyclists with full kit who told me about Eurovelo 7 having just returned from Palermo. They were much quicker than me....last seen whizzing down a superstrada (illegal). I ended up in the forest doing 2ks of single track again and realised why they'd stuck to the highway.

The rest of today's ride was lovely. Rolling hills some 12% were taxing but 20* sunshine and beautiful scenery were well worth it. Met some aussie paragliders who fed me coffee on the radweg rest stop.

Trees and lovely mountains filled my day. And now camping for the 3 night in a row I hear of a path from Salzburg to Grado near Venice which goes close to the base of the Zoncolan. The Alpe Adria railtrail sounds wonderful and will ease my way into Italy's wild south.

Am very glad to have decided to visit friends near Salzburg as the riding has been very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment