Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Colico wed 18 june

46ks of busy road leaves me high and dry in Como. With news of a bike path to Sondrio which is not far from Bormio.
So now I'm catching a boat to Colico past Bellagio where I shall attempt to camp even in the face of the building arvo storm.
This morning was interesting with a romanesque park sempere...and then traffic traffic and I lost my swiss route three for ever....

The Lago is just as pretty as it was 4 years ago when Sheila and I first laid eyes on it....recalling those days....all very touristy too with lots of anglais and francais......spent the 4 hour boat trip talking to a young lithuanian man with an ankle injury about all things infinite...chess mathematics and relaxing the mind...
I will get to colico at 7.30 hopefully with enough time to find camping and get my tent up....looks like rain again in the afternoon hope it misses...

Rain is falling on the most beautiful lago in the world (george says so) and I'm looking at big mountains catching it from behind an enormous arched window in an old world cheap otel....the taps took some workin out....all is well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment