Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Brixen Tues 24 June

50 odd ks of beautiful asphelt radweg after through and in light rain. Beside the Isarco through 1300s church towns, past radweg rest stations, under immense throbbing auto strada made for simply great riding today.

My aunt was equal to last nights heavy downpours and breakfasting with a german walking couple (politely asking to use their trangia (metho stove) in the salle de relais) was amiable and informative.

Then lining up to an ICOM gratis entry to the 10,000 year old man exhibition which I thought well done. Three floors after a little window into his minus 6 freezer all done in ice blues and whites. I still find it amazing that his shoes replicated by a modern researcher proved comfortable at first wearing over a day's alpine walking. He was probably dragged by crows over the Italian border contributing tremendously to Bolzano's evident wealth. Had a good experience and said hullo again to dr Francine and engineer Philippe from Ales with a beautiful old pompiers van and tremendous enthusiasm for alpine bushwalking, for flowers, stone formations and a gentle sensibility. They knew Florac and understood why my brakes overheated la roue and ended my last sojourn 4 years ago. Genuine freindly and lively Francaise.

Then after buying a €2 bracelet from the local African outside the Spar ....set off to the Brenner pass on a beautiful wide tarred bike path beside a wild river and an immense motorway with enormous architecture far off up above.

Todays ride while uphill all day and with an ugly and unfriendly detour (for work on the pista and so worthy) was made on a simply beautiful path.

I nearly auberged it in the rain but true to form found camping 4* with a 4* hotel attached. The weather is clearing and my washing drying amongst the ever present motor bikers while I am having a beer watching Italian soccor players singing their anthem prior to playing Uruguay.  The 4* chef knows I'm vegetarian and I feel that tonight's retirement to my aunt will be peaceful, full and dry. Will Italy win? I hope so for all my brilliant and hardworking Italian friends back 'ome. Lucky it's on telly cause the German commentary to me is incomprehensible.  People here are so good lingually I'm put to shame...

No comments:

Post a Comment