Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bolzano Sun 22 june

59ks of delightfull pista cyclable and camping 4 etoile. Bikepaths abound in Bolzano so many indeed that today I zoomed uphill through very beautiful foret for an hour only to find myself on the wrong path and back tracking 8ks. Ironically I took a photo of the camping ground cathedral from the false hilltop only to find myself there later in the hot arvo.

Merano's youth hostel was friendly and provided a good breakfast after a noisy night of German fussball cheers. The Ghanains took it right up to the world  famous Beyer Munich  team and much crying resulted.

Slept in expecting to only have 30 easy ks. I've resolved not too ride without a bikepath map where possible. The bikepath was very good with the etch adige on one side and thr railway line on the other.

Bolzano tourist bureau just caught before sunday arvo closure gave me an outline of a path to Lienz via San Candido. Built for ordinary bikes I was told and mostly paved.

4star camping proved to be  5ks out of town and a bit shadeless with hard ground. Popped up my minimal aunt, showered and hand washed.

Then zoomed back into town to check out the  Museion a lovely glass building with 4 levels of contemporary art. Minimalist Goetz collection and Tatiana Trouve were on year long display. They also had a Zitell. Unlike the NGA one this was small and  japanese in theme. She apparently hurt her back when first occupying it and did not live in it again. I could understand why.

Looks like an arvo storm so I'm makin my way back to the 4star camping ground restaurant run by a Bangladeshi who's promised me pesto pasta my favourite.

Tomorrow will rest day here. Perhaps find the magic bike route book...get my hair cut and explore some more of thi rather bicycle friendly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment