Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fluelen sat 14 june

Wow such beautiful riding today circuiting the Vierwald which Herman Hesse described as the greatest and most beautiful lake en Suisse. My swiss tour guide is francais.

A quick chat in the morning with lively Sheila made me happy.

Starting out with great wealth around me ( and a mountain cow cheese from the friendly camping restaurateur) near Luzern by chance encountered a Richard Wagner musee. Aparently he lived in the house for 7 years and the Seigfried idyll was first performed in its hall. Closed today but grand in exterior and still beforested. I was technically lost at this point also but switzerlandmobility came to the rescue. It knew I'm on route 3.

Then the grand alpine mountains engage me as they float cload be-turbanned at every turn. It is so fantastic here. Not very hard to ride either. Slow long off highway paths and even separate tunnels although today I mounted my light in preparation. There are a lot of motor cyclists off my path fortunately.

Then a ferry trip with a conversation with an extremely rich swiss gent and his Italian wife. Very urbane with a nice car and interested in art. Had been to the nga although were reticent to chat about themselves.

Amazing tunnels and now I'm early in Fluelen with the camp owners front garden in which to pitch my tent. Windy with threatening clouds but generally good weather prediction for tomorrows 1000 meter haul over 39ks. Have oats will travel. (Hopefully half way up the Gotthard to Andelmatt). Perfect pace so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment