Friday, June 13, 2014

Luzern friday 13 june

After last night's flood in which most of  my things got quite damp I have stayed another night to wash and dry.
The mountains around me are catching the clouds again so I hope that Thor has another place to stomp in mind tonight.
It is very peaceful and everything is drying out nicely. When my shoes are wearable I shall visit the musee of technology. There is a sign in the laundry here suggesting one dress properly before leaving the campsite for town illustrated with an old barefoot man, shirtless dodging flies....haha. Note to self bring flipflops.
Cycling Italy my Italian tour leader is wet so I used the dryer provided for my toilette to disaster recover. Nuff aleau aleau.
The museum of technology was amazingly huge, swiss and completely unexpected. I enjoyed the train innards and the aeroplanes suspended upside down. I used my arms raised like wings to land a jumbo at Zurich on a huge 3d screen.
Afterwards I lay on the lakeside verge and was reminded of Lac Leman's circuit with Sheila years before. The ferry tootling under the huge mountains bejewelled with 5 star otels and the incomprehensible ness of it all.
Spoke with an older german woman who had a dilapidated looking tent drying out after the storm who proved to be an opera buff from Berlin booking concert seats all over europe and camping to reach them within her means.
The clouds are building again so I'm battening down ready for tomorrow's stage 3 of the north south swisscycling route no 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment