Saturday, June 7, 2014

Montbeliard sat 7 june

61 ks and pooped by 2 o clock as it is 31 and I raced it a bit to keep up with Andy Rivett?
Awaiting the Hotel balance to reopen at 3 in a petit parc.
Woke from a dream of snow to the toot toot of the baguette delivery. A pack of chained turkish hounds kept me awake so slept in the morning cool.
Re-met a silver haired bloke also recently retrait who was euroveloing it to Sicily. Cheery buonjornos all round. Found a super U which are great because their air is free....gonflage libere. Bought some soya milk which was to come in handy.
Felloff the signed route near isle sur doubs and who should emerge from the rapidly dissappearing forest path but a very well kitted out englishman on a very fine fixie.....yup and whats more had 140 miles yet to do in his ride home to switzerland. He is a vtt champ and his dad I think has been in TdF. So we start to chat. English is a relief and I wanted and received good info as regards the gotthardt pass through the alps. He reminded me of my freind and inspiration Greg Cunningham who thinks nothing of a 200 mile ride into the night. So I dutifully bust ass keeping up not wanting to delay. When Andy politely said goodbye wishing me well I realised I was sweatball and trembling for my pint o soyamilk and a long delayed pain o ch.
Then in the parc waiting along come two Vancouverans...very gracious and friendly Donna and Warner. We may meet again at the hotel or on the path as we are in the same direction. An excellent hotel with a very hot shower and 1600's oak staircase and a bike parking area.....so glad I stayed here after a rridiculously hot 63 ks. 

Post shower went to local chateau musee to find a very macabre range of images...floor 1 a series of old lifesize1890's photos with the signatures of the stiffly posed subjects above in neon and some plaintive music.... floor 2 I could not stomach a vast array of taxonomy.

Then down the road to the contemporary musee with a videa assemblage by Jean Pierre Bertrand around Borges Baudilaire and Pinochet victimes. Powerful and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment