Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Toury Tuesday 27 May

76 ks and today was all about the riding. Wonderful diverse pretty French day. Started at 6 with a fine breakfast with sweet toasted muesli at the only hotel for miles as I discovered later. Set off in light rain hoping to find an elephante bleu to wash my bike. No luck despite an hours deviation. No car wash in sight.
Ended up I used a Petrol station window washer. I made the best of it without running water.  
I really hate looking like a hobo.
Enjoyed the country side today very beautiful old places beside the road. Then endless plains of wheat and wind turbines. Would have been better without the head wind all day. Those Compostela mob sure knoew how to suffer. Couldn't imagine walking all that way.
Searched 20 extra ks in vain for a hotel as it still looms rain but to no avail returned to camp municipal en Toury. The sheer wind in my hair riding pleasure was liberating today after all the city guff so far. Tomorrow Orleans where I will post this.

1 comment: