Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sully sur Loire thursday 29 may

44ks of eurovelo 6 and the Loiret piste cyclable. Very beautiful ride today Ascension holiday in some regions of France.
The Jackhotel person not only prepared me a nice breakfast but then gave me a detailed route guide en anglais. Although now it is really simply a matter of au cote du loire and upstream without a paddle. Tres facile. With green embedded signs every 100 metres or crossing. Absolutely wonderful knowing that I'm on the right path and not lost. It really is a change bien sur.
Nice Italians made me a great pizza with chilli olive oil before I tramped up and down through the last of the Loire valee chateaux. Monsieur Bethune's place treasurer to Henri IV. Very clean and not nearly as interesting as Vincennes.
Then back across Loire to camping 3 stars 7 euros and 100 motorbikers on very big bikes with very big tents.
Sun all day with menacing clouds but so far dry. Patched the spare and changed the direction of the front tyre after finally spraying the bike down with A HOSE. tres rare en france they are.
Missing Sheila's wonderful cooking as I tuck into un repas froid of baguette, comte, un tomate, heineken, and persil. Lucky I've the multivitamin for + 50's.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David
    I'm loving the blog, keep up the posts!
    Cheers, Jing

    ReplyDelete