Monday, November 29, 2010

Paris Mon 29th Dec

Awoke to discover that while attempting to download the latest virus list from ZA an unexpected crash had removed my wireless connection. Rather ZA had told my laptop that it had no wireless. So after a deinstall of ZA and then  the refurbishment of the wireless connection and then an online tech assist to reinstall we are back protected without any untoward.

Then down to breakfast voiceless. That's right the cold has left me speechless. Can anything else happen?

Wrapped in my Dakar scarf (funny how necessary it is here and unso there) we go to the local art supply shop to buy boulepak......whispering. The lady makes a tubular suitcase roll for us. We totter off to the third movie in as many days this time Mother and Child ..... better than Harry Potter but not as good as the runaway train if i have to rate it. I was disturbed how all the fathers were left out of all the scenes except the actual babymaking moments afterwhich they all get bundled off stage left.

Then an absolutely delightful Thali lunch at the Odessa street kashmiri house. With English and complimentary Kir. I can honestly say that is the very best I've eaten in Paris for a mere e15. Freezing we potter off into a menacing sky to find the snow unmelted on the cars and our bikes to boulewrap. An hour later we have them all zipped up and ready to go. Thank Cardinal Peeeee they are insured....ha haha...
Now we are warm again and I can blog without my fingertips sticking to the keys.... I have just got to whinge once... freaking hell that was cold.....I'd always imagined hell that way.

Now theres purpose in life avoiding imaginary hells............

And a big thanks to Shane at bike culture for greasing the pedals which came off in sub zero temps happy as larry.

Tomorrow we post all the stuff....Look after it for us will you Cardinal P?

And with some unusual energy burst attempt to see Andre Kertesz at the tennis court
http://www.jeudepaume.org/index.php?page=article&sousmenu=10&idArt=1187&lieu=1

Look out Canberra here we come, back with Lady Luck on Friday.Hope someone finds my voice before then and returns it....



No comments:

Post a Comment